Here’s where I’m tracking my wish list for PredictWind Offshore.
- Same display options (particles, barbs, arrows) for gusts as for wind
- Show a date picker (with calendar) in the Start Time for Weather Routing
- Higher resolution base map, ideally showing town names
- A way to visually see forecast model agreement at a glance. Perhaps a locally-computed derived grid showing the deviation, at each grid point, amongst all downloaded models. This would allow me to quickly see when and where the models agree and disagree.
- A map view that shows both wind and waves simultaneously (perhaps waves with particles and wind with barbs). I am looking for, i.e., wind against current.
- A GRIB download or display option for wave steepness
- A GRIB download or display option for wind angle vs wave angle (something like dot product of the vectors).
- Satellite imagery overlaid on map in a GPS accurate way (not a disembodied pop-up window)
- In the Weather Routing “Tables” view, when scrolling through the model tables, keep the column headings (Time, TWS, Gust, TWD, TWA, COG, SOG) at the top of the view, so that the column headings are always visible when viewing a table.