Since the installation of the AirHead composting toilet, the holding tank and all its associated “sanitary” plumbing are no longer needed.
What is always needed on a small sailboat, though, is…
More storage space!
So I cut out the holding tank and turned it into a gloriously spacious storage area!
Related sub-tasks included:
- Dispose of tank
- Remove plumbing
- Remove tank sensor wires
- Remove macerator pump wiring
- Plug macerator seacock
- Plug holding tank vent outlet
- Plug holding tank pump out opening
- Plug hole in cubby floor
- Sand cut joints
- Clean under engine
- Thorough cleaning – bilge (w/ bleach)
- Thorough cleaning – companionway
- Thorough cleaning – interior floor
- Flooring for bilge
- Replace muffler hose
- Wire & plumbing management (wire cushion clamps)
- Drip pan for under engine
- Barrier to protect engine